- Back to Home »
- Merchandiser & Product Development roles using Apparel & Footwear solution for SAP® Business One
viernes, 4 de septiembre de 2015
In the context of garment export business normally product development is handled by design department. But where there is no design team, merchants are responsible for whole production development process. In export houses sampling department is sometimes considered as product development department. Today we explain some of these activities and how these two roles can work with the Apparel & Footwear SAP® Business One Solution.
1. Coordination with buyers and collect latest product designs, color scheme and fabric qualities those are going to be used in coming seasons. Setting up merchandise plans and Open to buy scenarios.
The solution offers wizards to create these plans during pre-season activities and track development throughout the season and drops.
Different views helps merchandisers and product development staff to find information on collections, brands, styles, etc
Mood boards collect all new concepts and comments to share with all users.
Material master holds information such as colors, materials, pictures, workflows, stock and more.
2. Send request to pattern making department for developing patterns for new design and prepare material requirement sheet and get sourcing done of required trims and accessories from local and imported suppliers
With the solution users can create a style with its costing sheet in a few minutes. Information about pricing, stock availability is displayed real time.
3. Responsible for quality standards of sourced material. Get approvals of Lap dips,
Bit loom and strike off directly from buyers or from buying office
Merchandisers can track all activities related to quality assurance and fabric testing.
These activities can be also be amended on the web client PLM
4. Value added processes like printing and embroidery work is get done by merchants if required in product.
As part of the tech pack the user can link logos, printing pictures and more.
5. Sampling evaluation about the design and buyers requirement mentioned in spec sheet Merchants send samples to buyers for approvals on each stage of development and download buyer’s comments to sampling team and pattern master
This process starts creating different samples evaluation types (Proto sample, red and gold seal samples, etc). then, users add samples evaluation to the style where sample orders can be created and track different variants on logistics, accounting and inventory.
Do follow up with sampling tailors at the time of stitching of samples
Check finished samples and arrange to send the samples to the buyer